Sunday, December 20, 2015

Hand Stitched "Coach" Book

Hi, Everyone,

What do you do with a "Coach" Gift Bag left over from your Christmas shopping?  Well, make a hand stitched Book of course!

I carefully cut the bag in half, then wrapped each piece around black chipboard for the front and back covers, using extra heavy gel medium as the glue. I made 7 signatures from coffee stained paper that I died in the summer, wrapped each signature with a kraft/white doily patterned paper, then Coptic Stitched the book together.  A 7 Gypsies brown Journal Belt keeps the book closed neatly. The gift bag had beautiful gold grommets.  The back grommets are left as is, but I pierced holes through the front ones with my Big Bite and tied a wide white ribbon to dress it up.

Have a look!


This book took me about 4 hours to make from start to finish.  I absolutely love how it turned out.

Have fun creating!


No comments:

Post a Comment