Friday, August 1, 2014

Vintage - Colour Resist

Hi, Everyone,

Today I'd like to show you that you can do vintage not only in black, brown & ivory . . . but you can do vintage in colour.  Yes colour!

Look at the layout I did below.


I started with a Prima Resist Canvas Sheet.  Love the polka-dots.  I sprayed the Canvas Sheet with one of Lindy's Stamp Gang teal sprays then used a baby wipe to lightly remove the teal spray from the resist polka-dots.  Next I took a Prima Resist sticky back Edging Sheet & sprayed it with one of Lindy's Stamp Gang golden yellow sprays, again using a baby wipe to lightly remove the golden spray from the resist lace edging.  Then I cut a piece from the Newsprint Canvas Sheet with the black Resist, placed a Circle Stencil over top, sprayed that golden colour on top, then lightly removed the golden spray from the black resist.  It was 31 degrees outside when I created this layout, so I just let all the canvas pieces dry in the hot sun.  Boy did they dry fast.

To assemble the layout I used Liquitex matt gel medium & layered the following elements:
Canvas Resist Newsprint piece, Canvas Resist Lace Trims & scraps from Lace Trims;
Vintage Photo (adopted great-grandmother from antique store) hankey, ribbon & lace;
Printed Frame, Mesh tape, screw brads, metal gears, clock hands;
Prima Ruler Paper & packaging;
Tim Holtz butterfly & hinge die cuts;
Treasured Memories Instant Collections Package containing:
     TM Exclusive Printed Tag, black tag, black ribbon;
     G45 paper, Prima paper, journalling paper;
     vintage domino, vintage clothes pin, vintage wooden ruler inch, vintage buttons; &
     Tim Holtz metal clock, heart keyhole.
   
To tie the collage together I dabbed white paint through a splatter stencil.

Check out the selection of Canvas Resist sheets & this Vintage Colour layout the next time you are at Treasured Memories.
* I will be creating New Exclusive Instant Collections packages during the next few weeks so stay tuned to their blog for the reveal!

Have fun creating!


No comments:

Post a Comment