Tuesday, June 9, 2015

ArtFest "Denim & Lace" - The Finished Book

Hi, Everyone,

My Fabric Chunky Canvas Book is now finished!
I am very pleased with how it turned out.

This Two Part Fabric Spine is absolutely amazing.  I am in Love.  I can see myself using my original Two Part Fabric Spine on most of my books in the future.  It is beautiful, functional, & easy to use.

It is a joy to look at from All angles.

Below is the front of the Book.
It has a vintage feel because of the book paper, sheet music, drywall compound, & paint.
Of course it has to have book jewellery, & this time it is a patina Door Knocker with lace & bling.


The side view is like no other.  It will look amazing on my bookshelf amongst my other art books.
The metal wire & decorative nails on the chunky canvas is decorative & unexpected.  The chunky canvas actually keeps the fabric book standing in all it's glory.  To the right of the chunky canvas is my two part fabric spine decorated with burlap & gathered denim.


Then when you open the book, you see the back chunky canvas, the spine, & the front.
Every angle of this book is a joy to behold.
The closure of the book is made of metal wire & decorative nails with two lace trims for ties (they are  removed from the closure in the photo below).


You can create your own Fabric Chunky Canvas Book in this weekend event entitled:

ArtFest "Denim & Lace"
Friday, July 31    6-10 p.m.
Saturday, August 1   10-10 p.m.
Sunday, August 2  10-4 p.m.
$180

This includes All the items to create your Fabric Chunky Canvas Book & complementary food throughout the weekend.
Please Phone Treasured Memories in Edmonton at 780-414-1540 to Register.

We Artists are very giving, so there will be a "Sharing of Gift Bags" among all participants on Friday night.

Over the next 10 days, I will be showing you all of the completed pages.

Hope to see you at the Weekend Event!

Have fun creating!

No comments:

Post a Comment