Sunday, July 3, 2016

Button Art - Flower Garden

Hi, Everyone,

Creating takes on many forms with many different mediums.

My latest art work uses woven fabric, hand embroidery, and buttons.  Using a monochromatic colour scheme like ivory, white, and tan creates a mood of calm and piece.


The buttons are absolutely beautiful.



The verse is attributed to John Muir:
     "When one tugs at a single thing in nature, he finds it attached to the rest of the world."

     . . . simple yet true.

It is a stitching pattern designed by Karen Kluba (purchased at Craft Connection in Edmonton) along with the beautiful buttons from Durango Button Company.

I had the woven wool fabric and the white embroidery floss already. The pattern was $13.99, and the buttons were the expensive part (too much to admit in print, but I had to have them).

This piece will either be part of a fabric book, or a framed work of art.

Again, remember that art has many different mediums.

Have fun creating!

2 comments:

  1. I found this to be stunning. The buttons are fantastic. I came to your blog through your comment on jenny of elefantz's blog. I hope you post the piano roll embroidery. I would love to see a picture of those.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so happy I discovered Jenny's blog. Her patterns bring me such joy. I love all things vintage and have 12 very old piano scrolls in their original boxes that I purchased at an antique store along with several meters of vintage linen. These are perfect for Jenny's designs and I will be posting them as they are created. I got the idea after I read Pin Tangle's post (on FAQ Pages) on how she displays her Sampler. She simply rolls her extremely long Sampler up in a jelly roll so I thought of using my piano scrolls. I can display the scrolls on top of each other in my bookshelves. Thank you so much for leaving a comment.

      Delete