Thursday, September 6, 2012

Vintage Glass Pin Cushion

Hi, Everyone,
Today I would like to show you the Vintage Glass Pin Cushion I made a while ago. 

It started off as a small vintage glass canning jar.  I cut a Styrofoam ball in half, Fabri-taced it onto the metal jar lid, & covered the Styrofoam ball with vintage lace.  Then it was playtime gluing all sorts of things & stuff to the outside of the jar.  I used  Fabri-tac to glue on Tim's Ruler Ribbon, old needle packages, spools wrapped in crocheted lace & velvet ribbon, silk flower petals with jewel centres, lace roses, & bobbins.
All projects need jewellery, so I blinged up the pins by adding crystals, pearls & charms to the ends so they dangle.

The project is stunning . . . love the green & turquoise!




No comments:

Post a Comment