Friday, January 18, 2013

She Art - Week 3

Hi, Everyone,

I've been creating in my She Art Journal & am now finished with the She Art I Class on-line by Christy Tomlinson.  The class taught me how to develop my own She Art style, which I call my Paper Dolls. 

I've learned that I like to use . . . scrapbook papers & vintage ephemera glued on with Scotch Quick-Dry glue for my backgrounds rather than painting backgrounds on.  I like to use . . . vintage book paper for my Paper Doll bodies rather than painting the bodies on (thank you for the old book Jeri-Jo).  I like to use . . . paint Daubers (rather than paint brushes), Faber-Castell Pitt artist pens, Distress Markers, & Precision pens.

Have a look at my 2 Paper Dolls!

Girl 1 . . . I love how easy Paint Daubers are to use, how there is no clean-up & how they create backgrounds with punchinello.  I discovered that on my 4 oz. paint bottles I can replace the pour top with a Dauber top which makes my crafting so much easier.  Treasured Memories sells Dauber tops for $1.25 which are also interchangeable with Lindy's Stamp Gang sprays.  I bought 10 dauber tops!  Too bad the daubers don't fit my 1 oz. bottles.
I love Faber-Castell Pitt Artist pens. They are a high quality pigmented India Ink that is permanent, acid-free, archival & odorless.  I outline my dolls & other elements to create shade.  If you work quickly, you can also blend them with a waterbrush.
I love Distress Markers.  The brush tip is perfect for creating flowing hair & the colours Aged Mahogany, Fired Brick & Spiced Marmalade blend together so beautifully for my signature hair colour.

I love Precision Pens.  The tips are perfect for outlining absolutely everything on my project, highlighting all the elements, & bringing my Art to life.  Check out the denim I used for her pants, the flower in her hair, & the banner.
I've also punched out tabs with matching paper & glued them to each page for ease of turning.

Now I'm off to create a Class Series which I will be teaching at Treasured Memories starting soon
. . . A Year in the Life - two 12x12" Monthly Layouts with plastic inserts for added embellished photos!
My version is a cross between scrapbooking & Project Life that Becky Higgins & Ali Edwards do. 
Becky Higgins . . . daily photos in assorted plastic sleeves.
Ali Edwards . . . weekly photos in assorted plastic sleeves.
My version . . . monthly photos on two 12x12" layouts & in assorted plastic sleeves between the layouts.
That will be my next post. 
Have fun creating!

No comments:

Post a Comment