Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Vintage Home Decor Tags 25, 26, 27

Hi, Everyone,

I have been very busy creating 12 two page layouts & 12 double-sided inserts for my latest year long project A Year in the Life.  This is a cross between creating beautiful layouts & my version of Becky Higgins' Project Life. . . stay tuned for the big reveal!

Today I will show you 3 more tags from my Vintage Home Decor series.

Tag 25 showcases Tim Holtz Kraft Glassine paper cut in a banner shape, with 2 metal vintage buttons anchoring the corners.  The banner is layered with a paper doily, vintage sheet music that is as soft as flannel, & a Tattered Floral flower cut from Kraft Glassine, interfacing, canvas topped with a jewelled metal flower brad!
Tag 26 is all about layering & dress forms.  The paper's design was that of peeled paint so I layered the same 2 papers on top of one another & ripped the top layer to create a 3D effect, tucking in a piece of Tim Holtz's on the edge doily die.  Dress forms were pop-dotted on top of one another & embellished with a metal Tim Holtz heart keyhole.  I created my own washi tape by applying score tape to ordinary gift wrap tissue then stamping a dress form image onto the tissue. I ripped around the image, peeled off the score tape backing, then attached it to the tag. Part of a vintage crocheted doily & my mother-in-law's 60 year old lace wedding coat is draped from a metal hanger, then finished off with a dangling pair of scissors!

Tag 27 is all about embellishments.  We start by layering script gloss photo paper with  a doily image stamped & heat set with black archival ink.  We then layer paper flowers, a Paris door image, a jute wrapped wooden ruler, crocheted lace trim & pearl brads!
Tomorrow we will see the last 4 remaining Vintage Home Decor tags.
Happy creating!

No comments:

Post a Comment