Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Technique Tuesday - Paper Tape


Hi, Everyone,

It’s Technique Tuesday!

There are so many tapes on the market today & it’s fun to experiment with them. I really do like the 7 Gypsies Paper Tape. It’s different from Washi tape in that it has a peel-off backing & looks like & feels like masking tape - which is awesome!

Art Journaling is a lot of fun. It allows us to play. Today I’m going to show you how to do a simple Art Journal page using Paper Tape. This same technique can be used on a card or a scrap booking page.

DSCN3867

Let’s begin.

DSCN3856
First gather an old book, some blank tickets, black Archival Ink, Walnut Distress Ink, a playing card, a sentiment, & some white acrylic paint.

DSCN3857
We will be using 7 Gypsies Paper Tape - Postale.

DSCN3858
Next tear pieces of the Paper Tape, remove the peel-off backing & completely cover the playing card. The tape tears easily with your fingers so you do not need scissors. The tape is also slightly transparent which gives a unique look to your project.

DSCN3860
I then took some white acrylic paint & dry brushed paint over the entire card & one of the pages in my book. We sell both the Tim Holtz Distress Paints & the Claudine Hellmuthe Acrylic Paints. I used the Claudine Hellmuthe Acrylic Paint & dried them both with a heat tool.

DSCN3864
Next I cut some blank tickets using the Tim Holtz Ticket Die. Using Black Archival Ink I stamped an image on the tickets. I used the “pointer” from the Tim Holtz Mini-Blueprint stamp set.

DSCN3861
To age the pieces, I inked the edges of the playing card, the tickets & the journal page itself.  I used Walnut Distress Ink.

DSCN3866
Next I glued the playing card to the centre of the page. I then attached a photo anchor to the ticket with a brad & glued the ticket to the bottom of the page. With the other 2 tickets I created a tab by gluing them together on either side of the page. I printed off an inspirational sentiment, cut it in half & glued it to the page.

DSCN3867
Finally, I added 3 strips of Paper Tape to the bottom of the page & 1 strip to the top  of the page.  This is what the journal page looks like all put together!

Stay tuned for other types of tapes available & how to use them in your projects.

Have fun creating!

4 comments:

  1. Beautiful Kathleen, well illustrated.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. Illustrations help people to create & provide a better understanding of how to use the product. Other types of tapes & how they can be used will be presented in the future... so stay tuned.

      Delete
  2. Love it! Thanks for the clear step-by-step!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. Using white acrylic paint to blend everything together is a favourite of mine.

      Delete