Sunday, April 26, 2015

Two Layouts from the Prima Baby Collection

Hi, Everyone,

The new baby line from Prima is a soft & delicate nursery rhyme theme using pastel yellow, green & red.  The colours can be used for either girls or boys.  When I do baby layouts I do not ink my edges, I either tear the the paper or distress the edges with scissors.  This leaves a white outline around the paper which creates a soft look to the layout.

The Martha Stewart eyelet corner & edge punches are perfect for baby layouts.  I seem to use it a lot.

On the layout below, I started with white cardstock which was sprayed with the Lindy's Stamp Gang spray "Grab a Guy Gold".  My photos never pick up the beautiful shimmer of that spray.  It's one of my favourites.   I've rediscovered hand needle work & will be using it a lot on my projects.  I hand drew some swirls on the background, pierced holes on the swirls every 1/8", then used a variegated ivory embroidery floss to stitch the design.  For the layout, I've used 4 different papers from the Prima baby collection.  I've also used scraps of leftover packaging:  the yellow vertical coil torn strip, the white torn sewn strips, & the vertical cut corrugated  cardboard strip.  I also sewed through the coil strip & on the patterned papers.  I finished my collage with some Prima wooden pieces from the baby collection, a hand cut white corrugated heart, a sewn tiny tag & a canvas Prim Flower with leaves.  The last thing I do is outline the layout & the page with a fine Sharpie Pen.  I'm very pleased with this layout.


Next is another layout from the same Prima baby collection.
This time I started with a patterned piece of paper as my background.  Then for my layout I used 3 different pieces of paper from the baby line, this time cutting the paper & distressing the edges with scissors again leaving a clean soft look to the edges.  For the collage I added a black Graphic 45 large tag, a piece of corrugated cardboard & a vintage hankie folded in half.  I then took a 12x12" stencil, laid it over the layout & gently applied modelling paste at a diagonal across the layout.  Once that was dry I took the same  Lindy's Stamp Gang spray "Grab a Guy Gold" & sprayed over the modelling paste & heat set it.  To finish off the collage I added a polkadot canvas piece, a clipboard die cut, a polkadot canvas piece, my title torn from the Prima collection, hand sewn the rippled ribbon then glued on a Prima canvas flower with leaves.   I hand drew some stitches extending out from the collage & along 2 edges, pierced holes on the stitching every 1/8", then used a variegated ivory embroidery floss to stitch the design.  (Yes I've used this photo of little boy before, but his red T-shirt matched the red title I was using & he's so cute I couldn't resist.)




Have fun creating!


No comments:

Post a Comment