Sunday, December 4, 2016

Sophie's Universe - "Poppies by the Sea" Part 1

Hi, Everyone,

It has been quite a while since my last post.

I'm so very fortunate to have 3 grandsons and to be able to spend time with them.  I am cherishing every moment.  Austin is now 4 years old, Simon is now 5 months old, and Sawyer is now 2 months old.

I surf Pinterest every morning over a pot of coffee and have come across quite a few things I would like to make.  One of them is a called Sophie's Universe.  Sophie's Universe is a continuous square blanket.  It was designed by Dedri Uys of Look at what I made.  I found her at www.lookatwhatimade.net.  She offers it as free pattern downloads on her blog.  Pinterest is full of different coloured Sophie's Universe blankets.    Colour really does make a difference in what stitches are highlighted or jump out at you when you look at it.

This is my version of Sophie's Universe entitled "Poppies by the Sea".  I have finished Part 4.


I love seeing the progression of my work in photos.  You can really see how a piece evolves this way.  

There are 20 Parts to this pattern.  Today we are going to look at Part 1, which consists of Rounds 1-8.  Below are my photos of "Poppies by the Sea".

  
 
 
  

I combined various Size 4 yarns to get the "Poppies by the Sea"colour palette I wanted to achieve.  They are:

Caron Cakes - shades of aquas, teals and turquoise cut and separated into their 5 different shades.
Vanna's Choice - white, raspberry, scarlet, cranberry, purple, and aqua
Patons Decor - Frond
Patons Canadiana - Teal Heather

Tomorrow I will be posting Part 2.

Have fun creating!








1 comment:

  1. I would love to use your color pallet. Could you share the equivalent colors to the colors used in the directions for the original Sophie's Universe? You have done a wonderful job with this blanket!!! It is beautiful!!!

    ReplyDelete