Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Technique Tuesday - UTEE


Hi, Everyone,

It’s Technique Tuesday!

Today I would like to show you one of my favourite things . . . UTEE.

UTEE is Ultra Thick Embossing Enamel which is a large particle embossing powder made by Ranger. We will be using it with a heat tool to create textured embossing on our project. I love how it accentuates any inking you have done and looks like water droplets when sprinkled randomly over your project.

This is what we will be creating.

DSCN3427

DSCN3999

Let’s begin.

DSCN3426
First, I stamped an alphabet background & ink blot stamp all over the tag using Black Archival Ink. On a separate piece of paper I stamped the word “Artist” again with Black Archival Ink. Next I inked the edges with Sepia Archival Ink then Walnut Distress Ink, to give the edges a burnt look. I added strips of Tissue Tape to the tag for decoration and glued on the word “Artist” to create the base of our tag. I then pressed all the edges of the tag into Embossing Ink (which is like a glue), sprinkled UTEE along the edges, then heat set it with a heat tool. The melted UTEE makes the inking along the edge pop.

DSCN3425
The second part of our tag will be popped with foam pop-dots. I stamped the dragonfly blueprint stamp with Black Archival Ink 3 separate times. I inked the edges of the first image with Sepia & Walnut Inks, pressed the edges into Embossing Ink, sprinkled UTEE along the edges, then heat set it. I inked the dragonfly only in the second and third image, then fussy cut out the dragonfly, inked the edges & applied UTEE. The second and third dragonflies were each pop-dotted on top of the first dragonfly image.

DSCN3429
These next 3 photos are close-up views of the UTEE. Look below the tip of the pen nib. The golden Sepia colour shows the amazing water droplet effect the UTEE creates. The camera angle makes the UTEE look like sugar crystals when it actually looks like water droplets.

DSCN3430
The effect is absolutely stunning.

DSCN3431
Look at the words “wing span varies”. The water droplets really pop.

In my books, UTEE is over-the-top WOW embossing powder. Experiment with this great product the next time you can and . . . the next time you are at the store, check out the various kinds of UTEE that they have at Treasured Memories.

Have fun creating!

2 comments:

  1. Kathleen I am so pleased to have discovered your blog. Your work is just AMAZING!! Karen.x (wintonrosepapercreations.blogspot.com)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for checking out my blog Karen! I've been re-landscaping my yard so my blog has been on the back burner lately but will be brought forward with new posts shortly. I love inspiring others & your comment really warms my heart.
      Have fun creating!
      Kathleen

      Delete