Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Layout with Metal Bottle Cap Embellishments

Hi, Everyone,

Today I created a layout for Treasured Memories using American Crafts "May Berry" papers & Prima's Metal Bottle Cap embellishments.  I will show you how I attached them in the final photo.  The tiny blue/white/red/yellow prints on the "May Berry" papers are very sweet for baby layouts, even boys.  This is my grandson, Austin, at 5 months old.  Here are several photos of how I assembled the layout.


Here I layered 3 coordinating papers one on top of the other & distressed the edges using a paper distresser.  I like vintage lace peeking out from torn paper.   Here the pieces are not torn, they are wet then pushed back onto the paper, revealing the lace.


American Crafts has these Burlap Tags which I really like.  The burlap is attached to a paper backing making it easer to adhere to your layouts.  I then applied Score Tape to the layout and pressed down lace so it looks gathered.  Yes, even little boys get lace. 


Next I pop-dotted my journalling  & attached another Burlap Tag with Score Tape.  The rest of the embellishments were SEWN on.  Yes, sewn on.  Prima's Metal Bottle Caps have a pre-drilled hole in the centre allowing either a brad or a needle to go through.  I threaded a large craft needle with baby blue jute & hand sewed the bottle caps & the paper hearts to the layout.  The zig-zag black sewing was created with the We R Memory Keepers sewing handle.  Instead of hand sewing the zig-zags, I opted for my Precision Pen. 


To strengthen the sewing on the paper, I used clear buttons as an anchor to strengthen the stitches just as a seamstress would.  This is the back of my layout.  The white heart is there because I cut out a section from the blue flower pattern paper to use on my layout.

Have fun creating!





No comments:

Post a Comment